Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What I think I might know

1. Biblical Literalism is an awesome opportunity for comedy. Check out Why Can't I Own a Canadian for proof.

2. Moral Relativism, although sexy and freeing, makes me a bit nauseous-- like moocher hippy boys who really just want in your pants and a hit off the pipe. I like this overview of the problem from Wesley Owen
"What's the difference between a relativist and a person who admits she has no morality at all? There seems to be none. How does a relativist make a moral decision? He decides for himself whatever he thinks is best. How does someone with no morality know how to act? She decides for herself whatever she thinks is best. "

3. I have a "God-Shaped Hole" in my heart. I know it is irrational, but that doesn't bother me one bit.

4. I am not interested in debating atheism. People get very bent out of shape when defending their right to think they know it all. Check out my little video on youtube.

3 comments:

  1. Love the title of this post....

    I'd like to comment on Moral Relativism...It is inescapable that we are all moral relativists. We all either do what we think we want, or what we think we should. These are too close to differenciate between. You are always the one who decides what is best for you.

    Love your thoughts and honesty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting, Jeremy!
    You are right about it being inescapable. The extreme folks on the "its black and white" and the "its all grey" still make me uneasy. Mostly because I think they are delusional, yet perhaps happier for their delusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt....Stumbled across one of your videos on youtube and thought it was great. Glad to know that people still have the capacity to think and still be honest with themselves.

    ReplyDelete